Sunday, February 15, 2009

Postgraduate Aspirations VII: Reality Check

I began hunting around for information about funding opportunities, methods and guidelines for the US schools yesterday. For the most, these schools/depts take care of the funding internally as part of the application for admission (far different to the way its done overseas). As I looked at the requirements, I realized that it is highly unlikely that I will be able to get any funding at OSU, and, by reasonable extension, at the other two schools. While this is immensely discouraging, it does reveal a simple truth.

If I somehow go on to a PhD, there are enough roadblocks that would have been overcome to be able to undeniably say, "I'm doing this because the Lord wanted me here," and not be able to say, "I got myself here." If God wants me to go to more school--it'll have to be His work; I've cooperated to the best of my abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment