Friday, February 13, 2009

Postgraduate Aspirations VI: Ohio State University

So, when I arrived home I was greeted with an envelope from OSU glaring at me from the mailbox. These were not to be sent out until mid-March, I understood, yet here it is; as I opened it I assumed that the early arrival was a bad sign.

I read, however, that I have been unprovisionally and unconditionally accepted to the Near Eastern Languages and Cultures program in Semitic philology at OSU (this probably sounds like a curse to some, I realize that)! What I do not yet know, though, is anything about funding--that will have to wait until I contact and hear from a professor or two next week.

Now if I would only hear soon from Harvard and University of Chicago...and funding.


3 comments:

  1. I knew such a fine academic institution wouldn't pass you up! Wonderful news, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Congratulations!! Thanks for calling to let us know!! :) We're proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could spend weekends at my parents house!

    ReplyDelete