Friday, November 13, 2009

A pair of Visionaires...but not Millionaires

From the moment Cheryl and I first saw the house in its raw state back in...well I dont remember when, but before we bought it...we immediately began producing our own individual visions for the house, and then as we got more serious about purchasing it, we became more about producing a single vision. I am very VERY thankful that Cheryl and I share very similar taste, style, etc.; I have been amazed at just how well our independent visions match up.

Now that we are in the house, though, we are transitioning (imagine that, Will and Cheryl in a state of transition!) from potential vision to realizing it/them. We've already sunk our teeth, hammers and bank account pretty deeply into the house and it is already starting to take an early form. As we move along (now more slowly...phew!), details are starting to come into view. We are envisioning what we see the house being in 5-10 years in smaller and more comprehensive ways. Our goal is NOT to make it look new, but to make it look like a great 89 year old house that has been very well maintained, and keep with the Arts&Crafts style that the architecture shouts. This weekend will hopefully be a big one. My goals are:

1. Move the furniture into the Living/Dining Rooms and actually be able to use them (the floors are successfully refinished and look fantastic); this will be huge since we will almost double our current livable/usable space. Yeah!!

2. Finish the drywall taping/mudding in the bathroom and schedule an inspection

3. Vent the clothes dryer and plumb the washer drain

4. More work (likely not finish, though) on the fence around the garage site

We do not have internet at the house, so I can't post pictures as frequently or quickly, but I will be putting up a new batch in the next few days; I'll post to announce that.

In short, we are surviving and still very excited to see the house continue to develop into what it is meant to be.

2 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! I can't wait to see the results of all of the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the work to interface the washer and dryer with the plumbing, electrical and outside air is completed! The fence is still mid-project...this rain is killing me. I need one dry day and it'll be done.

    ReplyDelete