Monday, June 6, 2011

In Need of Direction



Last Wednesday, my heart stopped for a moment as I received some pretty difficult news. (Don't worry, the baby is fine. Praise the Lord!) My agency is doing some "restructuring" and eliminating two treatment units... and one therapist... ME. This news came exactly 4 weeks before my due date.

Of course they said "it's nothing personal" and absolutely not based on my performance. It's not me... It's them. Actually, it IS me because I'm the therapist with the least amount of seniority. I've been there 9 months while the next in line has been there 7 years. So, it was pretty clear who had to go. It just really stinks being the low man on the totem pole.

So now I feel a little lost and incredibly scared. I'm not sure what to do or how to move forward. The timing seems to absolutely suck. I'm not exactly in the best condition to go in for interviews and I won't be available to work until mid-August (assuming Trip comes on time.)

Will continues working really hard on his job search... perhaps with a little bit more fervor now.

We would both really benefit from your prayers and some direction. We are truly having to lean on the Lord and look to Him to meet our needs... and pay our bills. It is so hard let go of worry and actually trust that He is good. But, He has always provided for all of our needs and will continue to do so. We are more than lilies.

5 comments:

  1. You are truly glorifying Him by continuing to trust Him....even in the midst of your fear. He will prove to be faithful, as He always does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cheryl, I understand where you are right now. Brandon lost his job 3 weeks before Collins was due. But the Lord was so gracious to provide for us and I know He will do the same for you. I will pray for peace that surpasses all understanding! And I will pray for a job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that somehow God will use this as a great gift in your life. And praying for peace for your whole family. You look adorable, by the way. :) Can't wait to see Trip.

    ReplyDelete