After 2 very long weeks at work, I think the humbugs have finally left and with only 4 days left, I am beginning to get into the Christmas spirit.
Things started turning for me on Friday night when Will and I went to see the lights at Our Lady of the Snows. It's hard to fight the Christmas spirit when you're faced with a beautiful nativity scene, about a billion Christmas lights, a thermos full of hot chocolate, freezing temperatures and a petting zoo.
The rest of the weekend followed with some crazy Christmas shopping, a beautiful meal shared with close friends and a trip to the ballet with 2 more dear friends to see the Nutcracker.
Monday involved some more crazy (but productive) shopping with Will and today is the Christmas party for the kids at work. I'll get to share Christmas dinner with my girls and then watch them open their presents in the dorm.
Maybe tonight after the party I'll actually feel like decorating our sad, bare tree in our living room.
And the excitement continues to rise as snow is in the forecast for Christmas Eve day!
I had to get a new Blog - storage is up, people!!
13 years ago
Yay! I'm glad things are turning for you. The Nutcracker was so fun. I practiced a few ballet moves when I got back to my apartment. ;) I'm a little jealous that the STL will be having a white Christmas without me. Take pictures!
ReplyDelete