I'm not sure if Will realized what he was getting into when he proposed to me. I'm sure there are times when he has some second thoughts... I think last night was one of those times.
I come up with some pretty crazy ideas sometimes. And most of the time those crazy ideas involve Will and intense physical labor. Last night was not an exception to this.
Just as an aside-I love a good deal. I feel like that is even an understatement. It's something in my blood. My grandmother has it, my dad has it, and unfortunately for Will, I have it too. And bad.
So, I went to an estate sale by chance on Sunday in search of a bargain and found a large dresser w/mirror that matches our furniture in the bedroom. I had been looking for one for a while and so I was really excited to find this one. I bought it (with Will's approval) and made arrangements to pick it up at a later time (because Will was fishing.)
So last night, Will and I rented a truck from home depot and set off to get our new furniture. I had already mentioned to Will that the dresser was on the second floor of the house. I forgot to mention though that there was a turn on the stairs (a small landing.) I was worried that I wouldn't be strong enough for us to get it in the truck with just the two of us. Will ended up having to hold the dresser up above the banister and above his head while we made the turn on the landing. Somehow we managed to get the dresser to our house and the truck back to home depot in our 75 minute rental time frame.
Will, my hero, was a great sport the entire time even though he REALLY did not want to do it. He always comes in to save the day and I don't how I ever got by without him.
Some of the other "situations" I've gotten him into with my bargain hunts have involved: a 13 ft long table (requiring another home depot truck), light fixtures (with "hot" wiring), refinishing several pieces of furniture, and digging up and planting huge hydrangea plants in a downpour. Is that love or what?
I had to get a new Blog - storage is up, people!!
13 years ago
I should've said that this is only ONE of the many reasons why my husband is the best.
ReplyDeleteAnd Will wanted me to add the entire house to my list of "situations" that I've gotten him into. But, I'd have to say that he literally signed on the dotted line for that one :)
I think he loves you! :)
ReplyDeleteDon't forget me carrying the dog down the stairs at 11pm that day. Cheryl helped, but still....
ReplyDeleteI do love you Cheryl.
ya'll are so sweet.
ReplyDelete